Read the text and do the assignments.
Nowadays people mostly travel by air. Here are a few hints on air travel that may be helpful:
1. Passengers are requested to arrive at the airport (air terminal) one hour before departure time on international flights and half an hour on domestic flights.
2. Passengers must register their tickets, weigh in and register the luggage (baggage). The economy class limitation is 20 kg. First-class passengers are allowed 30 kg. Excess luggage must be paid for.
3. Passengers are permitted to take only some personal belongings with them into the cabin. These items include handbags, brief-cases or attache cases, umbrellas, coats and souvenirs bought at the tax-free shops at the airport.
4. Each passenger is given a boarding pass to be shown at the departure gate and again to the stewardess when boarding the plane.
5. Watch the electric sign flashes in the plane. When the ‘’Fasten Seat Belts’’ sign goes on, do it promptly, and also obey the ‘’No Smoking’’ signal.
6. Listen to the announcements on the public address system. The captain will welcome you on board, tell you all about the flight and the interesting places you are flying over
7. Do not forget your personal belongings when leaving the plane.
II. Passport regulations and customs
Landing formalities and customs regulations are about the same in all countries.
1. While still on board the plane the passenger is given an arrival card to fill in, he fills in (in block letters) his name in full, country of residence, permanent address, purpose and length of visit, and address in the country he is visiting.
2. After the passenger has disembarked, officials will examine (check) his passport and visa (to see if they are in order).
3. In some countries they’ll check the passenger’s certificate of vaccination.
4. When these formalities have been completed the passenger goes to the Customs for an examination of his luggage.
5. The passenger is required to fill in a customs declaration form. He must list all dutiable articles. (Personal belongings may be brought in duty-free. )
Here is a partial list of prohibited articles (items): firearms, in some countries – meat products, fresh fruit and vegetables.
- The Customs inspector may ask you to open your bags for inspection. After you are through with all customs formalities he will put a stamp on each piece of luggage.
1. Answer the following questions.
Part I. 1. When are the passengers requested to
- Симплексный метод решения задачи линейного программирования
- Комиссионная и комплексная экспертиза
- Задачи трудовое право
- Утилизация отходов топливно-енергетического комплекса
- Задачи в начальном курсе математики к.р.
- Паливно-енергетичний комплекс Західного економічного макрорайону
- Машиностроительный комплекс Украины
- Задачи на суммирование бесконечно малых элементов
- Программа решения задачи о графы
- ЗАДАЧИ НА СУММИРОВАНИЕ БЕСКОНЕЧНО МАЛЫХ ЭЛЕМЕНТОВ