(After «three Men in a Boat» by Jerome K. Jerome)
b) Say what you have learned from the text about the young man’s voyage.
c) Share the impressions on the voyage as if you were that unlucky young man.
Make up dialogues on the given situations:
1. Your friend invites you to a sea voyage. You have never travelled by sea and are afraid of getting seasick if the sea is rough.
2. You are on board the ship enjoying the voyage.
3. You are on board the ship sailing to Japan. The sea is rough. You are suffering from seasickness. Your friend is a good sailor, he is very helpful to you.
4. Your friend returns from a sea voyage and shares her impressions with you.
Read the texts and render them in Ukraiian.
1. The First Trip Abroad
(abridged) by Sidney Sheldon
Early the following morning Tracy stopped at a travel agency and reserved a suite on the Queen Elizabeth II. She was as excited as a child about her first trip abroad, and spent the next three days buying clothes and packing luggage.
On the morning of the sailing Tracy hired a limousine to drive her to the pier. When she arrived at Pier 90, where the QE II was docked, it was crowded with photographers and television reporters. Tracy brushed past them, showed her passport to a ship’s officer at the gangplank, and walked up onto the ship. On deck, a steward looked at Tracy’s ticket and directed her to her stateroom. It was a lovely suite, with a private terrace. It had been ridiculously expensive, but Tracy decided it was going to be worth it.
She unpacked and then wandered along the corridor. In almost every cabin there were farewell parties going on, with laughter and champagne and conversation. She felt a sudden ache of loneliness. There was no one to see her off.
She made her way up to the Boat Deck and heard the sound of a deep-throated boat whistle and calls of «All ashore who’s going ashore», and she was filled with a sudden excitement. She was sailing into a completely unknown future. She felt the huge ship shudder as the tugs started to pull her out of the harbour, and she stood among the passengers on the Boat Deck, watching the Statue of Liberty slide out of sight, and then she went exploring the ship.
The QE II
- Єдність і взаємозв’язок завдань виховання дошкільників
- Комісійна та комплексна експертиза
- Утилізація відходів паливно-енергетичного комплексу
- Методична розробка. Ансамблеве музикування - одна із складових комплексного розвитку учня - піаніста
- Комплекс машин для тваринницьких ферм
- Паливно-енергетичний комплекс Західного економічного макрорайону
- Машинобудівний комплекс України
- Лісовиробничий комплекс України
- Палацово-парковий комплекс Любомирських у Рівному
- Ремонт машин для тваринницьких ферм та комплексів